How Internet Marketing Gives Seniors An Edge Over Offline Jobs
Here’s how it happened…
While on vacation in North Carolina, we stopped in for lunch at a restaurant called Fatz and I was handed a special menu.
Granted, I’ll be 52 next month, but I had no idea I was already a senior.
But according to Fatz, anyone over 50 is, and I got my chicken fried chicken for just $7.99. (That eased my pain quite a bit.)
And it got me thinking. The world wide web is also aging. And along with it, the Internet Marketing world now has literally millions of seniors.
In this issue of BizWeb eGazette I want to talk about that some more. If you’re a senior or getting close to it, this should interest you…
How Internet Marketing Gives Seniors An Edge Over Offline Jobs
Many seniors today are eager to start their own business or continue their careers even after retirement. They’re no longer content to become inactive – nor can most afford to completely retire.
If you’re considering an offline job or business after retirement, think instead about the Internet and all the career paths it offers. More seniors are turning to the Internet because it’s profitable, you can set up your business at home and set your own hours.
That gives you the ability to have cash in your pocket for some luxuries rather than necessities. It also gives you the freedom to travel or take time off to play with the grandkids or spend time with friends and family.
Here are six reasons why online trumps offline for seniors who want to keep earning…
- The Internet doesn’t discriminate against age as some offline employers do. You can even use a pen name for your websites and other communication if you don’t want to put your real information out there.
- You can work in any niche that appeals to you or that you may have developed skills in from another job. This can also appeal to other marketers who may use you as a freelancer to gather information about the niche.
- People are purchasing more products online than offline. It’s a convenient way to shop and your advertising will reach far more of the global population than typical paper and media advertisements that you pay a premium for.
- Social media sites can be an awesome tool to drive traffic to your website. I’m no social bee, but it works for me, just check out my Facebook experiments and Twitter experiments to see how I automate my social media. It certainly beats setting up a booth at a trade-show and hoping that buyers will stop by and make the long day a profitable one.
- It’s easier to monitor your online marketing efforts versus offline methods. And you can change your ads or methods of getting your product known immediately and without great costs involved.
- The use of email marketing to your online customers is also a better and more profitable way to market rather than flyers or other means of offline communication – and emails don’t cost more than a monthly fee in some cases.
As you build your business or keep active by accepting online jobs, you’ll learn more about how to make your efforts more profitable. Every day is a learning day on the ‘net. Things change so fast that it’s imperative to keep up with what’s going on – especially in your own niche.
Use Internet marketing as a method to not only supplement your retirement income, but to also learn new things and keep your mind active and focused. It offers many benefits beyond monetary.
But let’s face it, money is the number one reason anyone gets into online marketing. So let’s talk about that for a minute…
Part Time Work for Full Time Pay Helps Seniors Make Ends Meet
More seniors are discovering the benefits of working part time to supplement their inadequate incomes. They’re also finding that working part time can equal the full time pay they used to enjoy at a job.
Despite the 401Ks and IRAs seniors may have set aside as they worked for a company, they’re finding it’s still not enough to live comfortably when they retire. Many seniors find themselves at loose ends upon retirement from a company. Medical problems may also loom large, preventing finding or performing a job as they once did. Most have to seek a part time job just to make ends meet.
Using the valuable skills they’ve honed during years of working for the corporate world, seniors have found that even a part time online business can turn into a major boost in earnings.
By utilizing the Internet to set up and build a lucrative online business, seniors can not only make ends meet, but still have time to spend with family or on travel and hobby pursuits.
Starting a new business in your golden years may seem like quite a challenge, but keep in mind that all you need is a computer and an Internet connection. After your business is up and running you can devote as much or as little time as you want to make it a success.
Choosing to use the Internet as a means to make money lets them enjoy the freedom to set their own hours and decide for themselves how much money they want to make.
The sky’s the limit on the money you can make when you become an online entrepreneur. You’re the boss and you decide how much you want to put into the business you’ve created.
Visit online forums and blogs and you’ll likely find nests of seniors who are learning or have already become successful in creating online businesses. Most of these entrepreneurs are happy to help others become successful, too.
And keep in mind you don’t need a lot of money to begin your business. Paying for the Internet connection and a domain and hosting are pretty much all you need to get started.
Beware of those online scams that offer pie in the sky opportunities and promise overnight success. Check them out in marketing forums (such as the Warrior Forum) and ask for advice on blogs or government watch dog sites.
If you decide you want to take a shot at earning online, pick up a copy of my step by step web business course. It details every step you need to take to make a go of it. In a nutshell, it shares everything I do to make my own living online.
After all, I’m apparently a senior myself!
P.S. As a savvy senior, I take advantage of all the time saving and money saving resources I can. For instance, the bulk of today’s issue was copy and pasted from this Senior Business PLR Pack I grabbed. It saved me about 3 hours of writing and I have a dozen more articles I can use in the future. 😉
P.S.S. Don’t ever buy PLR then let it sit on your hard drive collecting dust. If you don’t know how to customize the PLR as your own and get it making sales immediately, check out this fiverr gig. They’ll do all the PLR customizing for you and even get your sales page up and running.